- 1 whole egg
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 ml) extra light olive oil or try a combination of light olive oil, avocado oil and macadamia nut oil. (Note: Regular extra virgin olive oil doesn’t work well and makes the mayo taste slightly bitter)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Put the whole egg and egg yolks into the blender, together with the vinegar and mustard.
- Blend on low-speed until combined.
- Very slowly drizzle the olive oil into the blender while on low-speed. The slower the better to allow for emulsification of the oil into the egg mixture.
- Add the garlic powder and salt to your mayo and pulse until mixed.
- Scrape your mayo out of the blender into a glass jar and keep refrigerated and use within a week.
Recipe courtesy of the Primal Perks website of Nicky Perks